Friday, September 10, 2010

Baby the Machine

What a day!!


I didn't have time to do an entry last night as I had to work... so this ones a little behind. Sorry blog-land!


So yesterday I didn't have classes, as I managed to condense them all into just a few days... and I would usually use these days without classes to attempt assignment work and study, but the house looked like a bomb went off.


Earlier that morning, I had prepared baby for day care, packed her bag and jumped into the shower.  After her usual routine of banging on the shower door and sitting in front of it with her hands on the glass for awhile... she slowly crawled out of the bathroom and into the lounge.  I don't know why I haven't learnt my lesson yet... but I had completely forgotten about the chocolate cake I'd left on the desk.  And like a lion to the prey.... my daughter found it.  Emerging from the shower all fresh, clean and relaxed, I was greeted by the following:



  • Cake... on the floor
  • Cake... on the lounge suite
  • Cake... on my daughter's face
  • Cake... all over her body
My lounge room was a sandpit made of cake. Which would be heaps of fun if I lived in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.... but I don't. I live in an apartment that I have to clean.  It's times like these that perhaps a partner would've come in handy? One person watches the crazy little lounge destroyer while the other has a relaxing shower.  But being the single mum I am (hence the title)... I can't let this kind of stuff slip even for a second. Because I'll pay for it later. Like I did in this case.

So after recovering from my 10+ waves of shock... I walked over to pick her up, and discovered that she'd done a Poo Explosion. Similar to a Number 3 but not quite as runny. (see previous blog if you're confused).  At that point, I loved her, but she wasn't getting cuddles till she looked like a clean, angelic little cherub again. I held her at arms length whilst quickly running her into the bathroom, where she held herself up while I peeled her once-clean and pretty clothes off her... then sat her in the shower, detached the shower head, and hosed her down.  

Needless to say, we missed the morning jumping castle at day care... and assignments would have to wait until damage control was complete.

Until next time!

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment