Tuesday, September 7, 2010

all the conflicts....

There are so many conflicts in day-to-day life as a single mother.  
  • Organic vs Processed?
  • Clean vs Eat?
  • Uni work vs Pack tommorow’s daycare bag?
Of course all these things must be done (namely the tasks… not so much the food choices), but when?
For dinner tonight I made baby mashed potato with mixed veges and some tomato sauce. And yes, processed won this time around.  When it comes to my own food choices and preferences… I usually go processed. But I’ve discovered lately how easy it is to do it the organic way. Real mashed potato and pumpkin, real cooked lasagne. Probably a bit more tasty for her too. Tonight, however, instant mash won…. mainly because I’m still waiting for this week’s pay, and all the potatoes are finished. 
  • Processed - 1
  • Organic - 0
And she’s finally asleep.  She was especially happy to just sit on my lap and play with my mouth tonight.  She loves putting her fingers in my mouth - she seems to like the thrill of the danger they’re in. Then bath and PJ time. I will never understand for the life of me what her constant fascination is with rolling over while I’m trying to change her nappy.  Seriously, is it that horrible to be on your back for 30 seconds? I would like the luxury of lying down please…. lets swap! So a very happy and exhausted little princess finally went to  her little white cot in her fluffy pink PJ suit (which may or may not be spoiled by a Number 3 in the morning) and nodded off to sleep.  Returning to the war zone, I mean lounge, more choices await.  Toys are strewn everywhere… bits of a rice cake she had apparently decided were old news…. dirty clothes and nappy bags…. such a relaxing sight.  So I clean or cook dinner? Dinner wins for now, my stomach is threatening death.
  • Eat - 1
  • Clean - 0
After eating, cleaning will still await. But I will also need to make the choice between Uni work and packing tomorrow’s bags.  I think cleaning and packing will win this time because things seem to go that way…. perhaps uni work will happen around midnight? 
And that’s if I don’t get caught up watching a TV Show I forgot I loved…….
till next time blog-land :)
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment